These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Friday, November 30, 2007

Peanut Butter Biscuit

Jack,

Okay - the purpose of this post was to show you what you will eat lately. The picky eater saga continues and has actually evolved to the point where one of the most frequently requested meals for you is a peanut butter biscuit. With sprinkles. Appetizing, yes?!? I think Chef Gordon Ramsey would hurl great chunks of Roasted striped bass, olive oil potato purée, braised fennel and red wine reduction all over the floor of my kitchen if he saw what I have now taken to feeding you. And I SOOOOOO don't want to disappoint Chef Gordon Ramsey because.... I love him.... It would make me sadder than sad to see a look of disappointment on his face when he asked me why? why wouldn't you take a little more pride in yourself and your son?

Oh, god. The tears. They are coming.

I'm sorry, Gordon. I love you.But as it turns out, there is a particularly embarrassing confession that I have to share about how clueless I have become of my own personal appearance.

I stumbled into work this morning, late AGAIN - but the disshelved appearance of my clothing and hair usually stops people from asking because I might go postal on them.

So, I was washing out old milk sippy cups in the sink when someone I didn't recognize asked me WHAT was on my BACK?!?

And, YES, it was in that tone, so you know it can't be good!

She then proceeded to peel a melted hard candy off of the back of my shirt.

Ooooo, yeeeeaaaah! Who's hot and spicy now?!?

God - I feel grosser than gross!

Soooo - with a first step into the day like that, you KNOW it's going to be good, right?

Today has kicked my butt. Time to go home and have dinner and a couple of drinks! Hello, Weekend! :)

Love,

Mommy

No comments: