These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Tangent

Jack,

After blogging about that conversation yesterday, I've been thinking about little comments and situations that struck me as clever or cute and made an impression on me. Like last night when you told Grandma Mary that you were going to be a witch for Christmas.Think this just pertains to your comments? Not entirely. Yesterday I was walking out of work with a big backpack and bags and someone commented on how much I was carrying and I'm all "yeah. I really need a Sherpa to help me." I was so impressed by my own comment that I did a double take and almost...ALMOST said the comment again except MUCH MUCH LOUDER so everyone could witness my cleverness.Then, there was the Thanksgiving potluck where I had a bite of these amazing brownies and, upon realizing they were one of the best things I'd ever eaten, came back to some element of self-realization when a co-worker was staring at me while I shoveled forkfulls of brownie in my mouth. I told the co-worker that the brownies were positively celestial. Yeah. That's right. Positively celestial (because you saw stars and heard choirs of angels upon eating that stuff, so.... I had no choice).Then, there was that moment right there where I was all "Daddy! What are some funny things you've said lately?" and Daddy laughed in my over-eager face while I'm hovering over the keyboard all ready to convey cleverness by stringing these letters of the alphabet together and - what does he give me? Nothing.Usually I can count on him for some comment that I would never come up with on my own and then I make a mental note of the comment and repeat it over and over in my head trying to think of a time when I will be able to use it and pass it off as my own.Okay, so I went off on a tangent.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and we are hosting the Rose Family at our house. Daddy will be doing almost all of the cooking and I was going to be doing the cleaning but he's already done so much cleaning that it looks like I haven't done much at all to help prepare for this blessed event except to keep you busy through your waking moments.Anyway, since we will be spending the Thanksgiving holiday with Daddy's family, I thought it would be fitting to post pictures of mine, so here you are with all your cousins, Honey!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: