These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Woost Candy

Jack,

Here's the scene from yesterday evening.

I have agreed that you can pick a second candy and you are pawing through your Halloween candy trying to decide. This is a very important decision obviously and not one to be rushed. Your Daddy and I watch over your shoulder like it's one we are deliberating ourselves. You pause and pull out chocolate....

Me: "You want chocolate, Jack? I love chocolate, too!"
Jack: "NOOOOO! Not CHOCOLATE!"

You discard it back amongst the other Halloween candy and are on the prowl again. This time you grab a box of Dots. You pull it out and inspect the picture of the candy's on the front of the box.Daddy (under his breath and for my benefit): "That is the worst candy..."
Jack: "Woost Candy!" you declare holding up the box of Dots.Your Daddy is immediately laughing that you heard him and have dubbed this candy that you want the woost candy."I WANT WOOST CANDY!"
"You do?"
"YES! WOOST CANDY! I WANT!"You take your woost candy to the coffee table to eat it.Now, you probably know how this candy has the habit of sticking to your teeth when you eat it.As it turns out, you just enjoyed sucking on them and spitting them out when you decided you wanted another.Whatever works, right? Besides, we have dogs to clean up the offending mess.I think Daddy may be the only one in the family with the opinion that these are the woost candy, and now you will surely have Daddy laughing everytime you ask for one.

Love,

Mommy

No comments: