These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

The Hills Are Alive....

Jack,

The other day we were driving in the car and I hear this happy little voice singing in the backseat:

"Ole Mac-Don-awld hah da fahm.... EEEEE-IIIIII-EEEEEE-IIIIIII-OOOOOOOOOOOOh"
"Wit ah YA-Huht-yo-wat Hee-ya an a Ya-Huht-yo-wat deh-ya!"

??????????????????????

"Ole Mac-Don-awld hah da fahm.... EEEEE-IIIIII-EEEEEE-IIIIIII-OOOOOOOOOOOOh"
"Wit ah White-Ning Mah-Kween Hee-ya an a White-Ning Mah-Kween deh-ya!"

trying to sound casual, but sounding like I suspected I had just heard my child speaking in tongues....

"Um. Jack? What did Old MacDonald have on his farm?"

Now louder and with more excitement: "YA-Huht-yo-wat Hee-ya an a Ya-Huht-yo-wat deh-ya! YA-Huht-yo-wat, Ya-Huht-yo-wat, YA-Huht-yo-wat DEY-YA!"

Now you are smiling and obviously pleased with yourself.

"Oh."

Later. On the phone.

Daddy: "Have you heard Jack sing Old MacDonald yet?"
Me (relieved): "Yes! What is he saying?"
Daddy: "He's saying Lightning McQueen and Mater versions! You hurt your WHAT?"
Me: "Ooooooh."
Daddy (sounding proud): "I taught him that!"

It must be a boy thing.

And now, for your entertainment PRESENTING: Old MacDonald brought to you by Cars:Love,

Mommy

No comments: