These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Thursday, November 08, 2007

End Scene...

Jack,

It’s time to document some of your cuteness.

We have a corner cabinet that you like to hide in.If you open the hinged door and bend it the other way, it makes a cozy little square for you that you are CERTAIN is the best hiding place.There is no way that I’ll ever be able to penetrate the iron solid security of the hinged doorway covering at least 80% of your body.Simply no way!!See? Here is a picture of absolutely nothing. I just don’t see you anywhere.You get my point? Friggin adorable!_____________________________________________
Oh! And YESTERDAY?!? You were trying to give the dogs books so they could read with you. As soon as you would put the book down next to them with a cheery little: “HEEE GO, HUUUKEE!”, Hercules would eye the thing you had placed by him suspiciously and choose to find another place to relax. As soon as he would get up you would say “ooooooh!” and then follow after him helpfully with his book until he got settled again so you could then offer it to him again.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

You did the same thing with April, but April is sometimes too old and lazy to get up and move, so she accepted the book placed directly in front of her snout with eyes that begged me to help her! Please help her! as I look on with an amused expression on my face.
_________________________________________________________
AND – last night we got your haircut again, but this was one of the least successful trips to accomplish this that we have ever taken.

As soon as we pulled up the place you were yelling:

“I NO GO DOCTOR!”
“That’s right, Jack. We aren’t going to the doctor.”
“I NOT CLIPPA MY NAILS!”
“No. We aren’t going to clip your nails, either. We are going to get your haircut. It will be fun!”
“NOOOOOOOOO! I NOT!!”

So, I had indicators that this wasn’t going to be the easiest of tasks to accomplish, but – by god – you were going to come out of there with LESS HAIR than you had when we went in if I had to do it myself!

I think it went something like this:


“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”
Haircutting lady: “Jack, honey, I need you to hold…”

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I DONE I DONE I DONE I DONE I DONE!!!!”
Haircutting lady: “Can you hold his head like….”

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”
Me: “Jack, I….”

“NO I DONE I DONE I DONE I DONE I DONE!!!I DOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!”

And so on. I’d type more but the scenario is now bouncing around in my head and stressing me out again, so let’s stop here.

Still! Not a bad end result, eh? (see above ADORABLE pictures to view haircut!)

Love,

Mommy

No comments: