These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Dance Fever

Jack,

Last night we went to your Uncle Matt and Aunt Lisa’s house to celebrate Grandma Mary’s birthday. It was such a fun night! You were immediately interested in the baby toys until your Cousin Charlie woke up and Aunt Lisa brought down THE CAR!You were in seventh heaven.THE CAR! is a car that comes from a company that is similar to Build-A-Bear. It revs it’s engine and lights up and is just downright cool looking. Like I said, you were in awe of THE CAR!

But my favorite part of the night was after the chocolate cake. You found a second wind and the chocolate cake sent you into orbit. You and Calum started dancing with each other and, by the end of the night, you were dancing with me. We did the “Cat Dance”, the “Turkey Dance”, the “Pig Dance”, the “Exercise Dance”, the “Dog Dance”, the “Bear Dance”, the “Lightening Dance”, and after we danced long enough to tire you out, you sat down and had me do a little dancing for the group by myself seeing as how I had thought it wonderful when you did it, why should I have a problem with being the closing act. I rose to the occasion, I am proud to say!

All I have to say is that my sister, Erin, who made the cake – must not be being entirely truthful as to the part sugar and part crack cocaine that she put into that cake because I’ve NEVER seen you so wired. What a blast! You are such a cutie!

Love,

Mommy

P.S. I love this picture of the two Grandma's with their birthday cake because it looks like a campfire! Hold onto those grandkids and don't let them wander into the light!

No comments: