These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanks for Perspective

Jack,

I realize that all things are a matter of perspective and lately I’ve been disappointed in myself for being focused on the negative. So I took a look back at my recent blogs and the things that I was worried or stressed out about and here is what I found.A challenging toddler = a smart little boy who is perceptive enough to know how to push my buttons very effectively.
My hard working husband = a good man who has a great job and sees the potential there to grow in his company so he can provide more for Jack as he grows up. Not to mention the quality of the time he spends with you – making sure he’s home on the weekends to get the most time with you he can.
Self doubt = plenty of time for introspection, examining and re-examining myself and my approaches as a Mom so I can be more aware of my weaknesses and strengths and figure out how to become better at this parenting thing.
A strong appetite = good health.
Chores = a home to keep up. A roof over my head. Clothes on my back. Food in my belly. Comfort and security.
Stress = a challenging job and going back to school means a promising future with lots of opportunity.
Concern about making wrong decisions = the freedom of choice and the power over my future. Mistakes to be learned from and success to celebrate over.
Hectic schedule = a full lifeIt’s something I’ve been thinking about. What if the things that we worry about, the things that we think aren’t right in our lives, are actually the things that we are most thankful for? I found out that is true for me. I am so very thankful for all of these things.I’ve never felt so lucky!Love,

Mommy

No comments: