These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Who are you?

Jack,

Okay - so I'm one of those people that likes to get in the Christmas spirit early. Therefore you have already been introduced to A Charlie Brown Christmas. This morning, I witnessed this conversation:

Jack: "Wanna watch Chaw-lee Brown!"
Daddy: "Are you Charlie Blue?"
"NOOOOOO. I not Chaw-lee Blue! I Chaw-lee Yellow!"
Daddy" OH! You are Charlie YELLOW!"
"NOOOOO! I Chaw-lee Purple!"
"Hello, Charlie Purple!"
"NOOOOOOOOOO! I not Chaw-lee Purple! I Chaw-lee Gween!"
"Okay, you're Charlie Green!"
"Nooooo. I just Chaw-lee Blue."
"You're Charlie Blue?"
"Yesh"Just a little boy searching for his identity.And now you are Mater again, but now Daddy is concerned because you turned the cute Mater phrase "You hurt your what?" into an abuse signal for strangers when you look at your Daddy and yell "You hurt my WHAT?!?" Love,

Mommy

No comments: