These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Something Fishy

Jack,

Well, as the circle of life goes, your fishy - Gill - is now in the big fish bowl in the sky or whatever anyone wants to believe. He's just not here.

The good thing is that I noticed before you did and therefore got a chance to do the flush and clean before you noticed the empty tank sitting on the shelf.

"Whey-ah fish?" (Where's fish?)

ummmmm

"Fish ON VACATION!"

I think both your Daddy and I breathed easier when you came to this conclusion and we both readily assured you that was right.

You were pleased at being so right!

"Need new fish"

"Yes, I think you do..."

"Go Pet Store."

"Okay."

So, yesterday we went to the Pet Store to pick out a new fish to replace our old fish that unexpectedly decided to pack up and go on vacation never to return.Can you say "Fishy"?You picked out a bright red one and named it..... can you guess?......Lightening McQueen Fish!
After setting him up and taking a too-brief nap, we all headed for Monkey Joe's which is a huge bounce place that allows for parents to bounce WITH their kids.It was great fun, but we played so hard that we couldn't last too much more than an hour.But we tried EVERYTHING!You actually announced rather suddenly that you "need go home" which surprised us both and was the first indication of the rest of the evening filled with diarrhea and a low-grade fever that we hadn't seen coming.

So, I took this as an obvious sign that I needed to eat Taco Pizza and Halloween candy until I was ready to puke. Clearly, I got that right!

By the way - it looks like we are getting ANOTHER visit from the RotaVirus. I don't care if anyone else believes it or not. When you've experienced it ONCE you could recognize it if you ever saw it again. So, you still have diarrhea and no appetite, but this didn't stop you from waking up and asking for candy for breakfast this morning.

Sorry, Buddy - Mommy ate it all. (Okay, not ALL the candy! You don't really believe I'd eat all YOUR candy, do you buddy? And - NO - you still can't have any for breakfast....)

Love,

Mommy

No comments: