These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Something New

Jack,

This and last weekend has been the start for us of the winter blahs.You know - it's too cold to go outside, it's still dark even when you've already been up for hours, and you've already watched the shows and played with the toys and we find ourselves looking at each other like now what?And it's just the beginning of winter, too!I don't think of myself as the most creative of people, but you bring out my inner Martha Stewart sometimes and lately we have been having fun with water colors - mixing food color into water bowls and just watching the colors run together and make new colors and sit next to each other making pretty rainbows.We've also been painting our own wrapping paper this year because, why not?!?You want to do art projects because it's different from our norm and I'm all for it because I'm bored, too! Bored of the same old, same old.We even made this Snowman out of an old puffs snack container using some old fabric, extra buttons and markers to make the eyes and mouth and Q Tips for the arms. PRESTO! Instant Snowman!I'm now all: Yes! Let's do sticker art!Yes! Let's make wrapping paper!Yes! Let's put food coloring in that and stick our hands in this and find out what happens!Yes! Let's keep ourselves busy in some manner until we can head out the door and do some Christmas shopping because - even that? Beats these winter blahs!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: