These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Jack's First Tooth!

2-2-06

Jack,

Good Morning, Sweet Baby!

Yesterday your first tooth came in!!! I’m so very excited and proud to the Mommy of such a big boy!

You have been taking this teething thing VERY well. You are always such a happy and content little baby and the teething hasn’t been pleasant and you have been a little fussier and confused by it. You are happy but don’t understand why you are uncomfortable and there isn’t anything that can be done about it. You have been crying more, but we just give you lots of love so that you know that we will do anything we can for you and you seem to be doing well with that.

Last night when I got home from work and wanted to see your tooth, you were so cute and confident that you walked to me!! I was so excited! Then you walked back and forth between Daddy and myself at least three times and then repeated this for Aunt Kelly and Uncle Bobby when we stopped by to visit them. It seems to me that you have grown at least a month older in the last day!

Tonight Daddy has class, so it will be the two of us. I’ve already been thinking about what we can do together that would be fun for you. I want you to have such fun memories of us playing together when you are all grown up and looking back on your childhood. I plan on making a little list of games that you might enjoy so that I can look back on that list if I run out of ideas.

I love you more than I ever would have imagined it would be possible to love anyone, Jack! I’m so very lucky that you came into our lives!

My growing little boy! I’m so proud!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: