These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Friday, February 10, 2006



2-9-06

Jack,

Last night you, your Daddy and I ate dinner together and Daddy had to run to the library to get some material for his class.

You and I went upstairs and played with the doughnut stacker that we have in the room with the plastic rings. I had left the TIVO on downstairs and it was playing an old Simpsons episode. The episode ended and another started. As soon as you heard the beginning of the Simpsons show starting, you dropped your toy and started to crawl for the stairs. I walked over with you and we sat at the top of the stairs and you turned to me and said "Daa-Daa?" and reached up and grabbed onto my neck so I could carry you downstairs. You thought that Daddy had come home and turned on the Simpsons to watch TV because you and Daddy always watch the Simpsons together.

It was so cute!

We went downstairs and I played with you on your little push car. I would put you in it and race you back and forth across the kitchen floor. Occassionally I would distract you by calling the dogs over so you could pat them and I could catch my breath before we did it again because you LOVED IT! On a couple of occassions, I tried to stop the activity to start another one, but you became so upset that we weren't going to play the bike game anymore that you would throw your little head back onto the hard wood floor and bump it and then get upset about getting hurt. I didn't want you to bump your head or be upset, so I put you back on your bike and raced back and forth with you again and again. It actually was so cute to glimpse at your face as I raced across the floor. You had an amazed look on your face like you didn't have any idea you could move so fast and you were so thrilled with it - I felt proud to be able to be the one to help you feel that way!

Eventually I was able to stop and we played other games - refrigorator magnets on the dishwasher and stove and playing with your synthesizer keyboard and we even got you in your playpen and played with some of your toys that we play with less frequently because they aren't as exciting (don't light up or make noises...), but they hadn't been played with in a while so they were new to you again.

You are such a smart little boy and such a gem! I am so very, very proud of you, Jack! Mommy loves you now and forever!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: