These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Jack's First New Years Eve!

12-31-05

Your first New Years Eve! To celebrate, we invited your Grandparents Dougherty, Kelly, Bobby, Erin, Brett and Calum over to have dinner and snacks to ring in the new year.

You played with your new Christmas toys and showed them off to everyone and we took pictures and looked at your new cousin, Calum.

You got ahold of your Grandma Dougherty’s water bottle that she was drinking from and you would put it in your mouth and throw your head back in a very dramatic motion of trying to get water out of the bottle even though the cap was still on it. It was very cute and everyone laughed.

You cracked up at me when I played “Hide N Seek” with you behind the wall of the kitchen and you were laughing so hard that we got out the video camera and your Aunt Kelly videotaped you laughing so you can even see footage from your first New Years, if you are interested.

Later that evening, it was time for you to go to bed. Grandma Dougherty had taken you upstairs and there was some noise, so I went to check it out. I called up the stairs “Is everything all right up there?” Your Grandma indicated to me to be quiet so I wouldn’t wake you up, but I wanted to look in on you because you’re my sweet baby, so I peaked my head around the corner of your bedroom door just to take a look and you were standing up in your crib, quietly looking directly at me and pointing at me as if to say “I see you, Mommy!” It was so cute that I had to go to you and scoop you up and cover you with kisses. I then gave you a warm bottle and rocked you in the rocking chair until you feel asleep about 5 minutes later.

Mommy

No comments: