These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Friday, February 10, 2006

1-12-06

1-12-06

Jack,

Well, it’s afternoon and I was just finishing up lunch.

I called to check in on how you are doing today because I’ve been missing you so much today!

Grandpa Dougherty said that you were eating Spinach and that I couldn’t talk to you because you had spinach even all over your ears.

Today you played with your cousin Cal by taking his pacifier out of his mouth and putting it back in. Grandpa said that Cal was awake and seemed to be enjoying the game, too. What a cutie-pie you are!

I’m so looking forward to our family time tonight. There are some fun television shows coming on so that means that we can all snuggle up on the family room couch and floor and play with your toys while we laugh at the programs that are playing in the background. These evenings when we do this are so laid back and relaxed and we all just seem to enjoy having each other close by where we can talk and pause the TV whenever we want to, and have dinner together and have a wonderful night!

Last night was a hard one for you. You woke up probably four times starting at midnight and finally waking up for good at about 5 AM. I think you had a tummy ache, but it could also have been because of teething. I opened the blinds to our bedroom window at one point so you could look out and see the moon reflecting off of the parked cars and trees and the overall peacefulness and tranquility of the night and you nodded off in my arms. That has to be one of the most wonderful feelings in the whole world.

Lately, you have been really enjoying your Daddy more than me. I have frequently wondered how I would cope if you preferred Daddy – I must admit to feeling a little tinge of jealousy at times, but I keep it in check because I love how close the two of you are. Your daddy has such a good rapport with you. I think you really understand now that he is “Daa-daa” although you still call a lot of things that.

Well, I wanted to let you know that on this date and time, you are on my mind – although that is really true all the time. I love you so much – being apart is very hard on me. I don’t want to miss a single minute, but we need the money. Thank goodness for the support of family! I love you, baby! I’ll see you soon!

Mommy

No comments: