These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Jack's First Thanksgiving

11-25-05

I had such a wonderful day with you today, Jack. It’s the day after Thanksgiving. Your daddy had to go into work today, so you and I are having a nice relaxing day because I have the day off of work today. We had a nice snuggly morning while you had your bottle and we snuggled under a blanket on the couch. After you had your bottle, we kind of lay there together and I gave you your pluggy. You took it out of your mouth and offered it to me. I sucked on it a little and gave it back to you. You offered it to me again.

This is the first time that I think you understand that you are giving me something and I’m taking it and then giving it back. It was so much fun to interact with you like this.

Next I started pretending to gobble your hand when you put it up to my mouth and you laughed and did it again. So then I started to tickle you when you raised your arm and we both ended up laughing and playing together like that for a good half an hour or so. My heart just swelled with all of the wonderful love I felt for you when you look at me and laugh your big baby laugh! You are so precious and I wanted more than anything for you to know that I would do anything for you and I always want to be here for you whenever you need me.

I was never a mommy before and I came into this without any knowledge of how to be one – but you made me a mommy and I can’t thank you enough because it’s the best thing that ever happened to me. Thanks, Sweatheart! I love you, Jack!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: