These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Friday, February 10, 2006

12-30-05

Jack – you just recently learned to point at things. It came about because we have been working on trying to get you to show “one” by holding up your pointer finger so you can tell us you are “one” on your first birthday.

As it turns out, you are very proud of this new knowledge and have taken to pointing constantly at anything that grabs your attention. On the evening of 12-30-05, a Friday night, your father and I took you to Steak N Shake for dinner. We were sitting in a booth after ordering and waiting for our food when the people at the table next to us became very interesting to you and you started pointing at them. It was really very funny because you kept pointing at them throughout the meal and staring. You are so cute and it was such an adorable picture that they found it to be funny, too, and we all enjoyed watching you as you pointed throughout the whole meal.

Mommy

No comments: