These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Baby Jack is sick... :(


2-10-06

Jack,

Poor baby. You are sick today. You woke up with a fever and a runny nose. I gave you some Motrin so that you would feel better, but you look so sad - like you don't understand why you are feeling the way that you do. I just want to snuggle you all day long so you'll feel better - or maybe so I'll feel better.

I didn't realize how hard it might be as a parent to watch you go through something like a cold. Every part of me wants to do something to make it better for you, but there isn't anything that I can do except to make you as comfortable as possible while your body fights the germs.

------

Last night you were starting to feel a little under the weather so we took it easy. We played with your keyboard and your other toys and I put on The Sound Of Music
movie for us to have running in the background. We didn't really pay any attention to it until a song would come on and then we would stop and sing with it and dance to it and then go back to ignoring it when the movie started again. It was very relaxing and fun!

I hope you feel better soon, little one! The good news is that today is Friday! When work is out - we'll have the whole weekend to concentrate on getting you better.

You make life wonderful, sweetie!

Mommy and Daddy love you!!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: