These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Games that Jack loves to play!


2-3-06

Here are some games that I've found that you love to play!:

Game Ideas to Play with Jack:

Rolling Balls across the floor to each other
“Don’t get me”
Peak-a-boo
Play with Jack in a blanket that I could pull across the floor
Climbing stairs
Listening to and dancing to music on the CD player
Walking or riding his toddler walker toy
Airplane
Splashing in the sink
Playing with the stacking circles – twirling them and rolling them across the floor
Playing peak-a-boo in Jack’s crib and messing with the mobile
Tickle time on the bed
Where’s Jack - under a blanket!
Sliding Jack backwards across the floor – he loves the motion!
Blowing Raspberry’s on Jack’s belly
Reading stories to Jack for a calmer period
Playing the naming game – pointing to objects with Jack’s fingers and saying their names
Messing with light switches
Patty cake
Depending on the weather – stepping outside and looking around at the outdoors and talking about the things we see.
Put on a puppet show with Jack’s animals to entertain him
Play match box cars by rolling them across the floor and chasing after them
Easy horse play on the bed – knocking Jack over and letting him “knock” me over in exaggerated motion.
Laughing in a funny manner or mimicking other character’s voices – the vacuum cleaner, Elmo – to make Jack laugh
How big is Jack? SO BIG!
Where’s Jack’s Belly?
Find an object that I would hide under a blanket that he would have to pull the blanket off of to retrieve it.

Maybe we'll play some tonight! :)

Love,

Mommy

No comments: