These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Friday, February 10, 2006


1-17-06

Jack – your Daddy and I just spent the weekend with you and we worked on building your confidence in walking. We held your hands and walked you around the house and you really seemed to enjoy it. Buddy – you are SO close to walking! I know you could do it, but I think you are a little afraid that you will fall.

The other day, I would help you walk across the floor and, when we reached the door, I helped you fall back on your bottom and then I held your hands and pulled you backwards across the floor really fast. It was like a ride for you and you smiled and laughed and wanted to do it again and again. I did it until I was tired and tying to catch my breath and so I stopped, but you would have kept going for the rest of the day if I had let you! J

I tried playing “airplane” with you, too, where I held your hands and lifted you up in the air with my feet. Your eyes got really big and you smiled and laughed when I did it and then I would bring you back down and sit up and say “did you like that?” and you would smile and look around.

Also, you have a stuffed bear that I’ve been playing with you by making it move around like it’s alive. You watch it and smile when it does something you like. I make it reach up in your mobile and batt the mobile animals around so that they jump and swing crazily. You really like this and you try to reach up and do it to. We have also been playing peek-a-boo over the side of the crib. I’m trying to get you to not be so afraid of being in your bed. You seem okay with the crib as long as someone is there with you, but you don’t like to be alone and I don’t want to leave you alone – so I always put you to bed only when you are already asleep because your Daddy and I want to be around you all the time when you are awake because you are our favorite little guy!

We love you, baby! J

Love,

Mommy

No comments: