These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Friday, February 10, 2006

1-23-06

Jack,

Last night you took your very first steps! I am SO PROUD of you! Your Daddy and I were so excited! I lifted you up in the air after you did it and we yelled and clapped and shouted! You looked surprised, but pleased and tried again after.

What started you to taking your first step is that I was eating some Jello for dessert. I had let you taste some before and you liked it so you wanted a taste. You were making fussing noises to get my attention, so Daddy stood you up and told you to walk to me and get a bite. You took two steps on your own and I grabbed you and then we celebrated and I gave you your jello.

We repeated this exercise about 3 more times before you started to fall when you tried to walk more – maybe your little legs were tired, but it was all so exciting! You are such a big boy and I can’t believe how fast you are growing up.

I plan on making and eating some more jello tonight, so maybe you can walk a little more! Your Aunt Kelly was excited by this news and told me that she might stop by tonight to see if she could witness your steps for herself.

Everyone is so proud of you – but nobody is more proud than your Daddy and me! Great job, baby Jack! You are the best!!!!

We LOVE YOU!!!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: