These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Friday, February 10, 2006



2-8-06

Jack,

Good Morning, little one! Boy - you are growing SO FAST! Your little bottom tooth is really starting to come through now and you are trying so hard to say new words!

Lately, you have still been saying "Daa-Daa" to the dogs, but it's starting to sound longer like: "Daaahg-daahg". I really think you are trying to say dog-dog, but it's so hard to be sure. I'm sure in the next couple of weeks it will be much clearer.

You LOVE the time that you have been getting to spend with your cousin Calum. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, your Aunt Erin brings Calum over to Grandma's and stays with Grandma and you during the day with your cousin and you get to play with them all day while Daddy and I are at work. I know you have such a great time. When you grow up, we'll have lots of adorable pictures to show you of you and your cousin being babies together. I hope you'll both be close all your lives!!

You also have such a great time at your Grandma and Grandpa Rose's on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. You are always so contented and happy when I pick you up from being with them that it always strikes me and I feel so happy in my heart because I know my baby had a great day and felt so much love. It puts me in such a wonderful mood for the rest of the night because there's nothing more important to me than that you be happy and well cared for, sweetie!

Your Daddy ordered you a keyboard through the mail and it arrived the other day. You love music so much that this just seemed like the right thing to do. The demo song on the keyboard is an 80's pop hit: Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go. I LOVED this song in the 80's and still love 80's rock. I have a feeling that your Daddy may tire of it before too long, though.

I love you so much!

Mommy

No comments: