These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Baby Doll

Jack,

Your class has been working on an ongoing project that I was pretty impressed by.They made dolls for each of the children in the class as the children learned about themselves and each day the kids would add their eyes or their nose or mouth or hair to the doll.You and your friends became aware of the color of your eyes because that was the color of the dolls eyes, and hair and so on.When the doll was made, the teachers had projects to make clothes for the doll and let you decorate the clothes.Another week, we brought in shoe boxes and you made beds for your dolls and would put them down to sleep at naptime before you went to bed.On Monday of this week, they had a doughnut snack with your dolls at the table.Well, the project is over and you got to bring your doll home with you.This project meant a lot to you. I think it taught you a lot about yourself and gave you a chance to care for something.You made this doll. His eyes are your eyes, his hair is your hair. You love this doll.I know how you feel, Buddy.

Love,

Mommy

No comments: