These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Deep Thoughts

Jack,

I was just thinking about how much I loved NaBloPoMo.It was nice to have a goal associated with blogging because I love doing it so much.At first, I was worried that I would be searching for things to say and blog about, but over the course of the month, this was never a problem. I always had something about you to share. Something you were doing - an activity or a comment or a scenario.I got to thinking about this as I've been blogging into December with much more regularity and I think this daily blogging has made me realize what a gift each day is.There is something special about every day if I take the time to stop and realize it. NaBloPoMo MADE me stop and realize it and I don't want to lose that.I think about how I might have blogged only a percentage of what I did and what I would have missed out on.Living life is such a gift and it's an even better gift when you can remember the enjoyable moments with fresh clarity and sometimes even with photos or videos to make it even truer to life in the memory.I don't really know where I'm going with this. I know I won't be able to continue to blog daily. I'm taking more classes next semester towards my MBA and I remember how few precious minutes that leaves available at the end of the day.But I am very thankful for that fresh perspective on life and I feel like my eyes are opened a little wider to the fact that life is such a gift and I'm so lucky to be living this life that I am.Just think of how many of these memories would be lost without taking time to notice them.

Love,

Mommy

No comments: