These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Meeting Rudolph

Jack,

Your school did something that I was fascinated and amazed by.They brought in a real reindeer for you to meet and the lady that brought the deer was dressed up like Mrs. Clause so you were doubly excited.You got to meet a real live reindeer which would never have happened if it wasn't for Kindercare.Sometimes the ideas they come up with are so fantastic that there was never even the inkling of a threat that the beginnings of those ideas would have formed in my own mind.Like the Christmas concert.Or this gingerbread house that you got to make and now are getting the thrill of eating piece by piece here at home.It's already lasted about 4 days and counting.You don't seem to understand that it's perfectly okay to break the walls or the roof of the house so you can eat it, so you scrape the icing which served as glue off of the house with the candy decorations and grin happily because - who wouldn't be happy when eating a house made of candy?!?I guess what I'm saying is - I feel lucky to have you but also incredibly lucky that you have this when I'm not there.Love,

Mommy

No comments: