These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Friday, December 21, 2007

Dishwasher

Jack,

Soooooo, we have a new game!You noticed me rinsing out the dishes the other day and I guess just took notice of the sink sprayer for the first time.So began the insistant game of "trying it".I try it, Mom. I try it. Mom! I try it!I must have lost my mind because I lifted you into the other half of the sink and gave you the sprayer with instructions to aim the spray into the bowls in the sink so you could help me rinse them out while I loaded the dishwasher.Aside from getting yourself and the countertop nice and wet, it was a really easy game, but the one concern is the fact that you are high up off the ground and can't really be left to sit there on your own, spraying water haphazardly in the kitchen.But you love this game so much so that I have sealed my own doom.Play dishwasher, Mom! I play dishwasher! MOM! I PLAY DISHWASHER!


Never lose that enthusiasm, Buddy!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: