These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve

Jack,

Christmas Eve was wonderful. It may have been a little on the tiring side, but so wonderful that it far exceeded all my expectations!We had a nice morning playing together and making sure everything was ready for presents for family and for you later that evening.I turned over furniture and made forts for you to ward off boredom waiting for evening to be upon us and that was especially hard, being creative, knowing that all kinds of entertainment was at my fingertips but inaccessible because it wasn't officially CHRISTMAS yet.But, you were very happy with the upside down furniture and forts and play ideas.I even caught you singing in the kitchen this song:

The evening brought with it occassion to play with your younger cousins as we celebrated Christmas Eve with my side of the family.
You were all so adorable! You loved your gifts and had a lot of fun checking out what everyone else got.You also mastered the art of tearing into a present and were a ready volunteer whenever someone had a present to open - available to offer your services!

Then there was the picture in the matching pajamas that Grandma is threatening to repeat traditionally year after year.Don't look at me! It wasn't my idea, but I fully endorse it because.... well, look at you all! :)Little Christmas dolls - every last one of you!So, now we wait for Santa to come and I can hardly wait!Love,

Mommy

No comments: