These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Soooooooo close!

Jack,

Here we are - the last day of Daddy being out of town.

I tried to keep you stimulated and well distracted so that you wouldn't feel Daddy's absence quite as hard and I think I did a pretty good job!

I would say that you came through the experience perfectly!

Until today!

In the eleventh hour, you had an allergic reaction today to sunscreen at daycare and you are looking pretty itchy and uncomfortable.You're on Benadryl and will be just fine probably by tomorrow, but in the meantime, Daddy gets to come home to find you red as a beat and swollen.
Great job, Mommy - he's a welt!
Just kidding - I know it's not my fault, but I still feel bad for you that you look so uncomfortable.Let's get you better so we can have a great family weekend!

And thanks, honey, for a fun past four days.

I've had a wonderful time with you!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: