These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Business Conference

Jack, Once a year, my company holds a business conference dinner that starts after work and continues till about 9:15. You don't HAVE to go, but they draw three names of winners at the dinner who get free vacations and you have to be PRESENT to win, so of course - everyone goes.This meant a night away from the family - which I hate! To be with co-workers, which makes me uncomfortable because I'm not used to being social with my co-workers.Well, turns out you had the time of your life being with Daddy because he was creative and came up with "Daddy" type fun ideas to keep you busy.For example, Daddy took you for a train ride on the Metro Link all the way to Forest Park.PLUS, you got to ride the elevator at the Metro Link station as much as you wanted.And, I don't know what this means, but when I got home last night, the house looked like it had been hit by a toy tornado and there were cheeseballs and animal cookies on the counter and coffee table.Looks like the boys night was a success and a no-rules, no-holds-barred funfest!It was good for you - I know - to realize you can count on us and that you can expect different things from each of us.I'm glad you had fun last night.I, on the other hand, sat through 4 hours of mind melting boredom all with a plastic smile on my face and didn't even win the trip. BLURG!Oh, well. There's always next year!Love,

Mommy

No comments: