These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Leck ME!!

Jack,
In your constant move towards independence, you have recently taken on the responsibility of feeding the dogs. It's your favorite job.
The dogs love it to because you are MOST GENEROUS with your portion sizes and it's sometimes hard to get you to stop. Stopping is usually accompanied by a very vocal and heartbreaking sob session as we explain that you can do it again when you the dogs eat the food.
If one of us tries to fill the bowl, we hear "LECK MEEEE!"
(that's LET ME, for all you not adept at "toddler speak")
I just want to make sure that I blog this so that when you grow up I can look back at this and know there was a time when helping out was a privilege. :)
Love,

Mommy

No comments: