These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Friday, May 04, 2007

Here comes CRAZY

Jack,

Lately, I've found that "crazy" has been dropping in to visit me quite a lot lately and at the worst times.
By that, I mean at work where "crazy" can't be excused away by loved ones because - that's just Mom ... or that's just Bridget.
I've been drinking this fabulous energy drink that I highly recommend to anyone like me that has found she can't move her feet forward in the morning without some chemical assistance. I NEED MY CAFFEINE. And not in any small doses. If they sold IV's of the stuff, I'd be lugging one around with me daily.
Anyway, the CAFFEINE (must be spelled in caps because of how much I imbibe) gets my mind running about a billion miles an hour and keeps me pretty much on top of things at work AND home AND school, but it's when I stop moving that "CRAZY" drops in on me. My mind starts revisiting things that I said during the day that I cringed when I heard myself say it, but was too busy at the time to dwell on it.
Like when an executive helped me with a last minute urgent request just as I was headed to lunch and I told him that was very "kick ass" of him.
Well, these things that I have said and done have a way of revisiting my memory when I use the bathroom. I think it's the chance that my mind takes because my body lets down it's guard for a second when the relief comes and these phrases come to mind and I get so embarrassed thinking about them that I find that I accidentally blurt out phrases in the stall like "Oh, my GOD! I can't believe I said that"..... "I'm SO STUPID!"... "WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?"
Like I said.... Crazy.... Hmmmmm.... I wonder if I'll get that promotion I put in for....
:)

Love,

Mommy
Here is a picture of you and your friend, Will.
I think the two of you, despite the halos on your head in this picture, can really be quite the little troublemakers when you get wound up together!
Here you are with Audrey and Tori in your 2 year old room. They love you!

No comments: