These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Monday, May 28, 2007

Jack's Turn

Jack,
You had your first swim in the Lake this weekend and you loved it! It was such fun to swim with you and see you so excited!
The little boat that you were floating in has a hole in the bottom that you can open to let in water, so I opened it and you were floating in the lake with the lake water coming into the boat, but with enough air to keep you very safe. Not to mention the lifevest swimsuit! (THANKS, KELLY!)
We played water ball with you and you had a great time throwing the ball to Poppa Dough, Kelly, Bobby, Kathy and Jason while I pushed you around in your raft so you could grab it to throw it again.You really weren't intimidated at all by the lake and leaned over the side of the raft so far that a couple of times, I thought you would end up in the water, but you didn't and I'm glad. As a result, we had a wonderful swim in the Lake that didn't leave you scared and has you positively beside yourself wanting more.Later that afternoon, we went out for a boatride and the adults did some skiing. You were so sad waiting for "Jack's turn" which never came. I felt badly, so we came back and you got your turn in the swimming pool.
I'm so glad to see you enjoying the Lake so much, Sweetie! You are the best!
Love,
Mommy

No comments: