These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Monday, May 07, 2007

Day 1 of Daddy's business travel

Jack,

Today is the first day that Daddy will be out of town on business travel. Since he got his promotion, we knew that the day would come when the business travel would begin and today is it.
I'm both nervous and excited, with a little more nervous thrown in.
I feel like I'll be able to handle this, but I am looking forward to proving it to myself.
My plan of attack is this:
1) schedule activities with family members so adult interaction is still in plentiful abundance for sanity purposes.
2) be sure before I go to bed every night that all morning bags needed for the next day are ready and - if possible - in my car.
3) layout outfits each evening after you fall asleep but before I do
4) carry my camera everywhere with me until Daddy gets back in town so I can take random pictures to send to him because I KNOW how I would feel if I was the one traveling and that is - very, very lonely for YOU and him, but he'll be with himself so that leaves YOU! I'm going to send him a picture a day by email at least so he'll be able to see what you did that day even if he couldn't be there.
5) try to keep up this blog for the days that Daddy is gone so he can be up on all that is happening here in the Lou.

I think things are off to a great start - thanks very much to Daddy's thoughtfullness before leaving.
  • Dinners are pre-made for myself and there are many options for you so that we won't have to frett about mealtimes.
  • All laundry and dishes are done and put away - so no clutter as of day one!
  • Daddy bought extra milk and energy drinks so I wouldn't run out while he was gone
  • I have my computer and text book so I can work on my last week of class before the Final exam while Daddy is out of town.

I'm so lucky! Between you and him, what more could I want or need?!?

So, here I am at work knowing that after work, we are going to head over to Calum and Aunt Erin's to play at their house before dinner and the rest will be easy street. Day 1 seems easy already!

I'm looking forward to this time for the two of us together, Sweetie - and I hope I can make you feel special and loved and keep the stressed out "me" to a minimum.

Love,

Mommy

No comments: