These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Monday, May 07, 2007

Feeling Lucky

Jack,
This afternoon, I came and picked you up from school just like any day.We checked out the little chicks that have hatched and peeked at them through the peephole....
we had snack with your friends - cookies and juice and you told me about things in the room that you had seen or done or were excited about for whatever reason.... all the stuff we normally do in the afternoons when school is over. Then we went over to play with Calum, Erin and Aunt Kelly at Aunt Erin's house.
There was a lot to do, yet the toys that Cal had always looked better to you and vice versa.

Then we checked out Cal's new crib.You liked it soooo much, you would have been content to stay there the rest of the night, provided I played with you and kept you company the entire time.Then, Cal suggested a bath....

You both thought that was a tremendous idea, and tried immediately to climb on in!After the bath, we played in the front yard with balls and in the back yard with rocks for quite a while. Finally, it was time to head home. You were nice and tired out and we got ready for bed and climbed in. It was just at that time that you asked for Daddy. And, as though he knew you would need him right then, Daddy was there."I wub ooou, Dah-deee"

Here's a perfect example of why I think you have the best Daddy in the world, honey:

Love,

Mommy

No comments: