These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Easy Cheesy!

Jack,

Tonight was so easy - it just flew by.
I picked you up from school and your teachers had nothing but great things to say about you and your day.
Plus - I dressed up today! I can't explain it, but there's something about dressing up when you know that you look pretty that makes the whole day - I don't know - nicer somehow. I guess it's the confidence and feeling good about myself thing. I should try it more often! I tried to take a picture of the dress, but the pictures just came out looking so awkward and stiff. It felt so wierd smiling for myself so I didn't and these instead came out looking wierd because I'm not smiling and completely off angel because I wasn't looking through the lense when I took them - but isn't my dress pretty?!?Anyway, we ended up going to the Magic House and making sandcastles in their outdoor exhibit outside until that area closed. We actually started making castles out of the construction hats and were having so much fun, we inspired a rash of construction hat sandcastles to pop up all around us. After that, we went inside to play with all the inside activities until the whole Magic House closed and they invited us to leave. :)We came home and ate dinner and watched a little TV, and then played outside with a slide that we got from your cousins and I pushed you on your "School Car" and we shared snacks.Here you are offering me a pwetzel. Thanks, buddy! :)You definitely get THAT from me. You get so happy when you are snacking. Hello! That's totally me!Especially with cheese! You LOVE cheese and I am the same way. After our cheese snack, we went upstairs and I read you the story "Stop that Pickle!" that I bought for you on Amazon and we got delivered earlier this week. It's a book I loved to read to Juliana when I was a nanny and I'm loving to read it to you, now, too!Only one more Daddy-less day and then he'll be home for the weekend. We have fun, but we miss him.Love,

Mommy

No comments: