These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Organizational Announcement

Jack,

This subject line on an email at my work is an omminous sign. Immediately when this subject line pops up in our Outlook, my coworkers and I look around and take immediate inventory. Who is missing? Who was fired?

Well, not today!!!

Jack, do you know what time it is?!?


Early Dismissal Time!


A winter warning has been put in effect due to the severe icy conditions on the roads and businesses are closing in an effort to be "family friendly" and show that they don't want their employees to die by sending everyone home early because the roads are AWFUL.


The ice on the roads is very thick. I drove on the highway at - no kidding - 10 MILES AN HOUR!


In a nutshell - this bad weather translates to.....you guessed it:

PARTY TIME!!


So - I apologize for the short entry today,


...But I just got the gift of a few extra hours and I have a little guy to play with!

I love you!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: