These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Chatterbox

Jack,

Lately you have become an adorable little chatterbox. You are becoming more and more confident in your speech ability and will maintain a dialogue with your Daddy and myself of:“Bweeee-bweee-bweeeeeeeeee-bweee-bweeee-bweeee-bweee! Heeeeee-heeee-heee! AAAAAAA-bweee-bweee-bweee-bweeee-dada-mom-MOM-Daaaa-daaaa-baaaa-baaaaa-yaiy! YAIY! YAAAAAIIIIIYYYYY! BWEEEEE-BWEEEEE-BWEEEE!”

I’m not sure what “bweee” means yet, but it’s become the staple of your speech. You have also started to deliberate on certain words and Ba-ba sometimes comes out Bobbbeeee which is SO cool to hear. Also, you will say Baby for Cal, but it comes out Bay-bweee. Again, I-want-to-take-a-bite-out-of-you-ADORABLE!

You have also become obsessed with the cats again lately because I went and TIVO’d Garfield The Movie for you to watch. Not the best movie ever made, but it has it’s moments that redeemed it. For example: when Garfield and Odie dance together to some rap music. Cute. Especially because you watched AMAZED that cats and dogs dance together.



Funny, when Darla or Lilly venture up from the basement to see April and Hercules, they NEVER dance together, but maybe they just need some encouragement, am I right?



We have a cat, Dexter, that is orange and fat – therefore in your mind – he is Garfield. You always want to see him and now because of the movie even more so…. But unfortunately for me, he is one of the shy cats that never comes up on his own, so you stand at the basement door and scream to go and see the cats. Your face contorts in a look of such tortured panic that I’m absolutely sure you think you will DIE if you are unable to see Dexter. DIE! A horrible, slow miserable death! Don’t let that happen, Mommy! Take me to see Garfield so I don’t die!!



Okay…..

The basement is a hideous mess that I cringe to think of you moving around on, so I try to hold you, but Dexter wants to make a getaway and you wiggle to get down, so I let you down thinking I can keep up with and track of you. Yeah, right, momma. Good one.



Before I know it you have patted Dexter and proudly set to lie down on the floor right next to him.

NOOOOO! Not on THIS FLOOR!



We end up back upstairs with you hollering at the door for Dexter and Dexter shaking in a corner of the basement because he can’t figure out why he is so popular and how he can possibly change it.

Maybe I can make it up to him with a nice warm tray of lasagna….

Love,

Mommy

Postnote:

Some more art projects from daycare. Here is a Blob Painting that you did:



And this one is Pigs and their houses. (This week in daycare you are learning about animals and their homes, sooooo…. Pigs and houses. Didn’t you know that pigs live in houses? Barns? NOOOOOOOO!! Where did you get THAT from?!?)

No comments: