These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Important Conversations

The following important conversation took place via email during work hours between your father and myself after I had called one of my co-workers a jerkwad in jest and had him challenge me to look it up in Wikipedia….

Bridget: “I just tried to look up jerkwad in Wikipedia. Can you believe it?!? No entries!”

Clay: “I’ll fix that. Maybe I’ll make up some bogus definition. How about a wad of Jamaican jerk chicken?”

Bridget: “or something slightly more offensive...”

Clay: “Look up jerkwad on Wikipedia now.”

Bridget: “Holy crap - you are going to get in such trouble!”

Clay: “I won’t get in trouble, it will just eventually be challenged and removed.”

Bridget: “Well - I'd better get proof of it now before it goes away...”

Clay: “Admit it – you’re impressed.”

Bridget: “Crap! I just noticed you said "jerwad"... :) That’s even funnier!”

Clay: “I’ve already fixed that – look again.”

Bridget: “Want to hear another definition for "jerkwad"?...”

Man, I can’t tell you how satisfying it was to hand a definition from Wikipedia to my co-worker. I love your father SO much!

Jack, there is a moral to this story and it is: Don’t believe everything you read!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: