These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Monday, November 27, 2006

EXCELLENT Weekend!

Jack,

Let me first say that this past extended weekend was one of the greatest weekends EVER!

All that fun playtime with you was fantastic. Thanksgiving alone was a blast as you can see, but the following day was wonderful, too, because it was time to break out the Christmas decorations! We also celebrated Grandma and Aunt Kelly's Birthday!



You were just excited to see all the boxes stacked up because it meant a new item that you could climb on. Your curiosity was piqued when you saw me open the boxes and start pulling things out of them. Wreaths, stuffed animals, Christmas-themed books and toys, ornaments - which you immediately identified saying "BALL!" and grabbed one of the decorative ornaments and threw it on the floor. Lucky for me, you picked one that was a plastic hybrid bulb so it didn't shatter, but it didn't bounce very well either. I tried to explain to you that this wasn't a ball as I put it back on the tree, but you couldn't believe how dense I was being.

Look at it, Mommy. It couldn't be MORE of a ball if it wanted to be!

Anyway, we gradually turned back to our toys and lost interest in the shiny balls hanging from the tree (for now....).

It's cracking me up that you have been using your cars and people to jam into the ball toys that we have for you to play with. You'll leave the balls in there, but you are fascinated with holes and if you find one, you are compelled to shove everything you can find into it that will fit through the hole. I turned around yesterday after emptying the vaccuum cleaner container to see you trying to jam a medal (for what - I don't remember...) into the open hole that the bag attaches to. I was able to catch it before it disappeared down there and became a costly disaster.

The other day, I was dumping cars and action figures out of your ball toys when I encountered a Simpson's figure - Mr. Burns - jammed into the ball toy in such a way that it made me laugh out loud.

I had to take a picture.

It looks like Mr. Burns has been put into deep freeze in a time capsule waiting to be saved.

Lucky for him, I rescued him.

Excellent....

Love,

Mommy

Postnote:

Here are your latest art projects from daycare. A cookie cutter painting:

and a sticker collage:

Oh - and did I mention? WE OWN A LAKEHOUSE!!

No comments: