These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Kleenex says "THANK YOU!!!!"

Jack,

You have discovered the magic and wonder of facial tissue! It's cold time and, being that you are now in daycare, you have a daycare nose. What's a 'daycare nose'? Well - for those of you not priveleged to have experienced this yet - a daycare nose is a constant state of running and stuffiness that leaves your child's nose caked with boogers around the nostrils making it look like your child suffers from negligence.

For this reason, I have stocked up on Kleenex.



I am in the process of trying to teach you to blow your nose, but in that process you have discovered the magical wonder of the Kleenex box.

You can't seem to get past your amazement that everytime a tissue is pulled out, another pops up in it's place in a practically endless cycle.


You are performing experiments on the Kleenex boxes everytime I turn my back in order to see if you can reach the magical end of the tissues in the box.



I turn my back for a second and the room is a heap of snowy white wonderland with you throwing tissues over your shoulders as you madly pull them as fast as you can one after the other after the other.



But the very helpful part of all this is that - after you have made the mess, you try to stuff them back in their magical box so you can do it again.



Ah, yes. This won't end in you becoming so frustrated that you holler at me for making the whole process so difficult. Noooooooooo. This will end well! With all the tissues folding back in their magical spaces! (Does sarcasm translate well on the net?)


All I can say is that I think I'm going to tell your Daddy that I predict a rise in tissue futures and we should invest your entire college fund there!


Thank goodness I can get more tissues from work! :)

Love,

Mommy

No comments: