These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

CoCo Nuts!

Jack,

This morning, I was wanting chocolate, so I made up some chocolate pudding and was eating all of it straight out of the mixing bowl. You came up and asked for some by smacking your lips. It was so cute, I gave you a taste.

You really liked it and wanted more so I kept giving you little tastes.



Suddenly, you were this wild little man running around the house, thinking everything you saw was hilarious and sporting a dribble chocolate goatee and moustache.



Climbing your highchair and screaming at the doggy on the back cushion – hilarious!

Chasing the dogs in a toddler wailing ambush that freaked them out so much, they scattered showing more of the whites of their eyes than I’ve seen in a long time.

Playing with your water toys in the kitchen and drinking some soap water – a regular laugh riot! Hide and seek, chase,

jamming cars down your ball and hammer toy, climbing up empty cardboard boxes and seeing how much pressure could be applied before they collapsed,

By the way - don't you LOVE this maniacal laugh? It sounded just like you think it would! :)

climbing on coffee tables,

and then lapsing into a comatose state where you continued to play but with a blank stare straight ahead as the caffeine brought you into a new state of exhaustion.

I must say the experience was very entertaining and I kind of sat back and watched in amazement as your head spun in circles on your little neck. Not too unlike how it usually effects me.

Imagine the delight your father must feel knowing that we BOTH have this gene in our systems that goes absolutely NUTS – simply add chocolate!

Love,

Mommy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just in case you read this one too fast, just under picture #5 the sentence includes the phrase "drinking soap water". Let me paint the picture of what happened. You were in a chocolate frenzy and you grabbed a coffee scoop, dunked it in a bowl full of mainly dish soap with a splash of water (for bubble inducing purposes), and you took a big swig. Your mom saw it and immediately said "No Jack, that will hurt your tummy". Yeah right. What your mom really did was say "Daddy, come here and look what Jack is doing", while you repeated this about five times. I hereby refuse to clean up the inevitable vomit.

Anonymous said...

It only took five swigs because it takes you FOREVER - DADDY! - to come when I say "Daddy, come see what Jack is doing?" If you are less than ten feet away it takes FOREVER!!! One one thousand, two one thousand, three one thousand and so on until you are in the teen one thousands. I think you WILL be cleaning up any occurances of vomit because a speedier response would have made for less repetition!