These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Work Picnic

Jack,

Today we went to a picnic for my work. I usually blow these things off, but that was last year when you were younger and wouldn't have been able to participate and before that - I didn't have kids and that's really what these events are for.Now - I'm always on the lookout for events that you will be stimulated by and that cost very little. Like a picnic put on by my company that costs NOTHING and that I win brownie points for attending while showing off my family.Can you say "WIN-WIN?" :)They really DID spring for good entertainment! They had clowns doing face paintings and balloon animals, a bouncy house and a huge blow up slide.In addition, there was a characature artist who was drawing free pictures of the children, a DJ playing dance songs, a buffet of unlimited free food and drinks, an ice cream machine stocked full of various ice creams, crafts tables, a duck pond where you could win unlimited prizes - play all you want and win more crap than you can carry home!, a ball area, and on and on! I was very impressed!You spent most of your time throwing the balls and bouncing in the jumping house. You were very excited and squealed and made me feel proud to work for my company!Not pictured here, but later that afternoon, we visited a school picnic for your cousin Hannah's school and they had a bounce house, too.You are now convinced that they are the single most entertaining venture there is and I believe you would log on and purchase one over the web with a swiped credit card if given half the chance!Love,

Mommy

No comments: