These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Sunday - much better!

Jack,

Today went MUCH better than yesterday. I decided we would aim for a low key day and try to make the most of it.

It started out pretty much the way that most of our weekend mornings do. I packed you up in the wagon and we went for a walk to the neighborhood park for a park picnic.

On our way, I took some pictures of a few of the things we have been stopping to admire along the way.
The first one is this car.It's an old Valiant that is gold and YOU love it because you are certain that it is the real Tex Dinoco from Cars.I can see where you drew this conclusion. Check it out!From there, we proceeded to a garden where there is a little ceramic pig lying on his back. You recently went through a round of antibiotics and eyedrops to treat an ear infection and a goopy eye, so we have been stopping at this ceramic pig so you can give him his eyedropsand medicine.

all administered with love, a piece of bark and with careful observation of Universal Precautions (that reference is for YOU Aunt Kelly!)Once the pig is all better, we head to play in the rocks.You love to gather up handfuls of rocks and then make them slowly rain down in front of you. I have to admit, it's kind of soothing and hypnotising to me, too.See if you agree with me about that:

And right below here you are trying to see what a low to the ground rain looks like:And then we arrive at the park. We spread our snacks and drinks on the picnic table and then graze while we enjoy the beautiful morning at the park.I love this little tradition because it's always just the two of us and you open up to me and tell me all sorts of things.
I can't always understand everything you say, but that is secondary...We just seem to leave all disagreements behind when we have these little picnics together.On this particular occassion, you even told me "Mommy, I want big hug!"God, I LOVE these pictures where you are obviously mid-story by the expressiveness of your face!

That afternoon, we headed to the Shanks for a playdate with Calum! :)

In the basement, you LOVE to have me push you on the tractor while you are convinced that Calum is trying to "get" you. Sometimes Calum runs in circles around the stairs, too, allowing you to feel like the game is on and you both squeal with delight! It's really adorable to watch!"Mommy! PUSH! GO, MOMMY, GO!"Yes, Sunday was a great success!

Happy Weekend, Jack!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: