These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Parental Warning

Jack,

Okay - so this weekend, I had the BRILLIANT idea that I would take you to the movie store and let you pick our a movie from the children's section. Any movie you wanted - but it HAD to come from the Children's section.

This blew your mind. I let you loose in the Children's movie section and you had 8 movies in your arms before the last piece of fabric of the shirt you were wearing left the touch of my fingers.

Wow.

The bargaining that took place from there was very long and involved. Eventually I got it down to which one was your absolute favorite and we got it.

Wonderpets!
My parental warning on this movie is as follows: May cause insanity!

The movie consists of a duck, a guinae pig and a turtle that answer calls from a pencil case that rings when animals are in trouble and go wherever they needed to save them.

But they SING every bit of dialogue in the movie.

Now, I've seen many children's movies, but this one is by far the most agonizing and I warn any parent away from it that I can, including YOU when you have kids someday!

If you are going to let your child pick a movie, make sure THIS one is hidden first!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: