These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Sit. Stay.

Jack,

For a treat today, we went to visit Purina Farms.We had a lot of fun playing with bunnies and piglets and chickens.And bunnies!And - Nooooo - I didn't bring one home with us!...... just don't look in the diaper bag, yet, okay?(Although you deserved it for this adorable snuggle that you gave to one of them).You even saw cats and dogs as though they were animals you didn't live with on a daily basis.It was very cute!Then, we went to a dog show and you got to participate.I think sometimes I forget that you are still such a little guy until I saw you participating in the show with the other children.I think you stole the show! :)And now I know that you can follow instructions to the letter, and simply CHOOSE not to when it's me making the requests...

You just couldn't seem to keep your hand out of your shirt, though - which is your current obsession with "nipples". At least you didn't say that into the microphone. That might have been a little hard to explain....

What a cutie! And what a fantastic day!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: