These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Mommy Bloggers Unite!

Jack,

Today I invited myself along on a playdate with my sister, Erin and her friend Kelsey in from out of town. Both Erin and Kelsey write blogs of their own staring their little ones - your cousins Calum, 1.5, and Emmett, the teeny tiny baby - and Kelsey's 3.5 year old daughter, Harper.
We all went to Grant's Farm to check out the animals and watch you socialize and entertain each other with your toddler interactions. You have been kind of frustrated with me as of late. I'm not sure if it's because, as a parent, I've run out of fresh ideas for showing understanding for and creative solutions for moments of frustration, but there have been a lot of tantrums.A LOT.Here you are with Harper and Calum trying to get the best vantage point to check out the big turtles. You would have happily flipped right over the rails to see them face to face. I guess from the inadequate fencing that they put up, these guys aren't exactly dangerous.... After viewing the animals, we headed to the beer garden where we had a few free sample drinks and you guys went for a walk with me in the stroller to see the buggies and the horses.You were very happy with this setup as long as you were in constant motion.Apparently, stopping?.... UNACCEPTABLE! So, after a nice morning at Grant's Farm, we separated ways for nap times and planned to meet back up afterwards. You were pretty tired but only slept a little over an hour so you woke up cranky and the mood stayed with you pretty much the rest of the day.

But, at about 6:45PM last night, we had just finished dinner and Daddy walked in and you were so excited, you were wriggling like a puppy and exclaiming over and over again "DADDY HOME! DADDY NOT WOOKING! DADDY HOME!" while I tried to get you out of the highchair as fast as humanly possible. You ran to Clay and put your arms around his neck and said "I miss you, Daddy!" and tears came to my eyes and all the frustration was gone because I know what you had been saying all day.


I missed him, too!

It's good to have Daddy home!


Love,

Mommy

No comments: