These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Cookie Monster

Jack,

Yesterday evening I decided that it was time for us to bake our first batch of chocolate chip cookies. It had been an easy day so I was ready - armed with more patience than on a usual evening - so this was the right time.You LOVED mixing the dough together - shoving your fingers in the gooey dough and squishing it - and then were VERY pleased to discover just how delicious cookie dough was.I was able to hold you off for a few minutes by convincing you that it would be even BETTER with CHOCOLATE!LOTS OF CHOCOLATE!Your eyes got big as I produced two bags of chocolate chips and dumped them on the dough.So much chocolate, you couldn't even SEE the dough. Very exciting - for me too! :) We put balls of dough on the tray, with you eating a bite every other handful.By the time we had the trays loaded to bake, you were like this:

So - check me out! I'm Betty Friggin Crocker here! :)I tamed a terrible 2 AND came out on the other end with only a slightly stained shirt and a chocolate fix.Guess who's feeling a little proud of herself?!?Love,

Mommy

No comments: