These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Riley-Bug

Jack,

There is a cute little girl in your class that you seem to butt heads with. Her name is Riley and she is a formidable toddler opponent because she is not averse to fighting dirty.

Basically, Riley bites.

I've received a couple of accident reports from the teachers in the room and you are very quick to identify the perpetrator. "RILEY BITE!" you will exclaim while holding out your arm for boo-boo inspection.

Well, the other day we were outside playing when some mosquitos were bothering you. You told me "ouch, Mommy!" and I said "yes, a mosquito bit you. Mosquitos are bugs that bite people."

You thought about this and concluded "RILEY BUGS!"

Oh, crap.

"Yes, they are bugs that bite like Riley."

Hey - she started it!

I just can't look her parents in the eye anymore.

Love,

Mommy

No comments: