These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Friday, September 07, 2007

Daddy's Birthday

Jack,

Yesterday was Daddy's birthday! Daddy and I took off of work and kept you home from school.It was a cloudy and overcast day which meant that the weather was very mild and a great day for a celebration.We went to the zoo and had a wonderful time!We checked out the goats in the petting zoo, headed to the Children's zoo and saw many wonderful things there, too.
You found the goats fascinating!
You and Daddy looked at the Billy Goats on the rock mountain.Look at my boys! :)There were no chickens in the petting zoo area. I think THIS GUY might know something about that!The Petting Zoo had this cool safari vehicle on display and we HAD to check it out!

Look, Mommy! A BUG!

Train Ride!The hippo was right by the glass and HUGE!You were very impressed!And, to be honest - a little scared of him.

Who could blame you?That's an impressive animal!But a hand on the head is a bravery enhancer.You are fine!It seemed to me that every time I looked upI was struck by how much you and your Daddy looked alike.
It was fun to just observe and take that in.
Our second train ride took some time in coming...and waiting is not your strong suit. Case in point:
At this point, it was apparent you were tired and cranky and we would be crazy to keep going so, once we got on the train, we rode it to the end of the line and headed to lunch at Red Lobster. I was a little worried that the restaurant would be too much to handle, but it went really well!
Then, that evening - you got to hang out with first Aunt Kelly and then Uncle Bobby while your Daddy and I went for a date night to see SuperBad.

All I have to say in summary is this: the number of gifts that your father opened on his birthday was one - a present that he got for you!A Rocket ship from Little Einsteins, a Leo character and a sea turtle.He is a champion Daddy and a wonderful husband and I am a very lucky woman!Happy Birthday, Big Daddy!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: