These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Daddy Pretzel (a.k.a. Sometimes Size DOES Matter....)

Jack,

Lately the word "Daddy" has become an adjective. At first, I thought it was just another way of expressing your current preference for the male role model in the house that isn't obsessed with pesky "rules" as much as Mommy, but it's not that.

"Daddy" as an adjective translates into "Big".

"Mommy, I want Daddy-Pretzel"

"Go Daddy-Toy Store!"

"That Daddy-Strawberry!"

and then there is my favorite....

"I go Daddy-Poopy!"

Lucky for me this developed kind of slowly so I was able to recognize it a little easier than if it had happened overnight.

It started out with you identifying with things as families. There were grapes in a bowl, so the small grapes were the Jack grapes, the middle sized grapes were the Momma grapes and the big grapes were the Daddy grapes.
(I wasn't fast enough with this picture of the Daddy, Momma and Jack sized pretzels before you plucked the Jack option away, but fast enough to get the others...)Well, now Big is Best, so all you want are the Daddy-sized things and WOE to me if I offer a Momma or Jack sized option! :)(honestly, though - it's cute so long as it doesn't develop into a tantrum if you can't be convinced I'm not hiding a bigger more Daddy-sized option somewhere that isn't being given to you).Love,

Mommy

No comments: