These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Monday, September 03, 2007

Monday, Monday!

Jack,

It's labor day so today is a Monday at home! :)

I can't stop being online all morning since I woke up at 5:45. I read and read and upload video and post and comment and all while you watch Shrek and other movies. I tear myself away long enough to throw some warm comment your way about what a good boy you are or something, retrieving milk cups and snacks and diaper pit stops that are like a whirlwind of accomplishment.

Occasionally I lift my head to find small dirty toddler socks on my head and you cracking up at me or to the sound of you calling "Here buggy, buggy!" while offering an extended toy in the air to some mystery insect that will swoop out of the sky, take the toy, and thank you for your generosity of sharing.

You are actually very much on board with our lazy morning routines. You have discovered that if you eat a bit of breakfast, I'll cave on a ton of other sh*t to keep the peace. So now you are sitting on a tipped over bike that is balanced on a sea of matchbox cars resulting in a teeter totter effect which you are enjoying while sucking down "purple ice". So, now it's 8:30 and almost three hours awake.

You just arrived at the wonderful idea that you MUST put your bike on the sofa and are now attempting to mount it, so I will now step up and take the reigns in this role I occupy as responsible parent.

That is - RIGHT AFTER I BLOG THIS! :)

Love,

Mommy

No comments: